Attorney Douglas P. Solomon – Experienced Business, Real Estate, and Franchise Attorney serving South Florida
For more than thirty years, in addition to representing nationally known and startup franchisors and individual franchise purchasers, Mr. Solomon has represented clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions and handled trials and appeals.
He has extensive experience in the preparation of start up franchise system documentation, including disclosure documents and state registration applications, as well as advising individual purchasers, plus negotiation of real estate contracts and leases, closings and title insurance, and commercial litigation. He is additionally active in civic and community organizations, and is currently Chairman 2016-2017 of the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
- Franchise Disclosure Documentation, Franchise Agreements, and related franchise law issues
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Trials and Appeals
- J.D., New York University Law School
- B.A., University of Rochester
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar
- Member, New York Bar
- Admitted to practice, U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Florida and New York
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (2016-2017)
- Former President, Japan Society of South Florida